took a cross-ice pass from Ovechkin and scored on a

took a cross-ice pass from Ovechkin and scored on a

miaowang123
TORONTO - Toronto Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas was arrested for impaired driving in Wasaga Beach, roughly two hours north of Toronto, early Monday morning. According to an Ontario Provincial Police release, Valanciunas was charged with "Exceed 80" after an investigation revealed he had been in control of his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. OPP officers were responding to a report that open beer bottles had been spotted in a silver vehicle going through a drive-thru at approximately 2:30 a.m. Police traced the alleged vehicle to a residence nearby and Valanciunas, the driver, was placed under arrest. Its unclear whether he was alone at the time. "I hold myself to a high standard and take my role as a member of the Toronto Raptors very seriously," said the 21-year-old in a statement released by the team Monday evening. "I apologize to the organization, my teammates, my family and my fans, and regret any negativity this incident has brought upon them." The Raptors were in between a pair of days off at the time of the incident. "We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation," the Raptors added in a release. "We take this matter very seriously as we have high expectations for all members of this organization." Valanciunas is scheduled to appear in court in Collingwood on April 22, in the midst of Torontos first-round playoff series. If the Raptors second-year centre is convicted of the charge he will likely face supplementary discipline from the NBA. League precedent suggests he could face a one or two-game suspension, issued following a conviction. [url=http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-48-giants-dwayne-harris-jersey.aspx]Dwayne Harris Jersey[/url] . - The New Orleans Saints have re-signed receiver Joseph Morgan for one year and have agreed to a four-year deal with free agent fullback Erik Lorig. [url=http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/]New York Giants Jerseys[/url] . James scored 25 points against his former team, leading the energized Heat to a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Saturday night. Dwyane Wade added 24 points and Chris Bosh had 22 for the Heat, idle since a 90-84 loss Tuesday at Indiana. [url=http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-4-giants-phil-simms-jersey.aspx]http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-4-giants-phil-simms-jersey.aspx[/url] .What they got was a bevy of players chipping in to pick up the slack.Josh Smith scored 18 points and James Harden added 17 as the Rockets used a balanced scoring effort to outlast the Mavericks for a 99-94 victory. [url=http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-19-giants-damon-harrison-jersey.aspx]Damon Harrison Jersey[/url] .The Ottawa Senators winger was relegated to a corner seat in the locker-room to allow Daniel Alfredsson to return to his regular stall one last time. [url=http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-66-giants-dj-fluker-jersey.aspx]D.J. Fluker Jersey[/url] . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions.SUNRISE, Fla. -- Alex Ovechkin rebounded from his Olympic disappointment. In the first game back since the break, Ovechkin scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and had two assists, and Troy Brouwer had two power-play goals, lifting the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 victory over the Florida Panthers on Thursday night. Nicklas Backstrom and Brooks Laich also tallied for the Capitals and Braden Holtby made 30 saves. Backstrom and Laich each had two assists. Russia was eliminated by Finland in the quarterfinals at the Sochi Games, where Ovechkin had only one goal and one assist. Brad Boyes scored twice for Florida, and Drew Shore and Tomas Fleischmann also had goals. Tim Thomas stopped 27 shots. Ovechkin broke a 4-all tie in the third period when he took a pass from Laich on the right side and sent a one-timer past Thomas at 15:43 for his 41st goal. "I think we had a pretty good game, but a couple of mistakes, a couple of turnovers almost cost us points," Ovechkin said. "But its good we bounced back and finished." Ovechkins goal came just 16 seconds after a great save by Thomas with 4:43 left in the game. Mike Green came in on a breakaway on Thomas, who slipped backward into the crease and stretched out his glove into the net as he fell. Greens shot went right into Thomass glove as he was flat on his back. "I just caught a rut on the ice or something but it turned into a really nice highlight reel save," Thomas said. "I had to make the save because I look like an idiot." Thomas save might have turned the momentum toward Florida but Ovechkin spoiled the effort. "We tied it up, we were fortunate enough for me to make that save, but (after) that type of save, the last thing you want to give up is a two-on-one," Thomas said. The Capitals beat the Panthers for the ninth time in 10 meetings. Florida lost for the sixth time in seven games. For Ovechkin, looking forward might be the best way to handle the disappointment, and this game was a good start. "Its always important when you score goals because youre going to feel great the next day and the next game," Ovechkin said. The Panthers rallied twice from two-goal deficits but it wasnt enough to stop the Capitals. "The guys showed huge character after being down.dddddddddddd I didnt like the goals they (Washington) scored, but they fought back and got a goal at the end of the first, we fought back and tied the game up, and we give them two goals again," Panthers coach Peter Horachek said. "We fight back and tie it up, then you give them the winner. Its frustrating." Down 4-2, the Panthers tied it in the first half of the third period with two goals 82 seconds apart. Shore scored a power-play goal at 8:01 with a slap shot. Boyes tied it 4-all when he grabbed his own rebound and put it into the net at 9:23. "We lost our composure a little bit and they were able to capitalize on it," Laich said. Brouwers second power-play goal gave the Capitals a 4-2 lead. Thomas made a pad save on a shot by Ovechkin but lost his stick. Brouwer knocked in the loose puck with 47 seconds left in the second. "Were trying to make a good playoff push and we need everyone to contribute to try and find ways to get points like we did tonight," Brouwer said. The Panthers tied the score 2-2 just 40 seconds into the second. Boyes found a rebound at the right side of the net and poked in the puck. The Capitals regained the lead about three minutes later. Backstrom took a rebound that went off a Panthers defenceman and put it into the net at 3:44. The Capitals scored twice in the first period. During a power play, John Carlson took a shot from the point that was blocked by Thomas. Brouwer grabbed the rebound after it deflected off Laich and backhanded it past Thomas at 5:48 to make it 1-0. Laich then took a cross-ice pass from Ovechkin and scored on a one-timer from the right circle that went over Thomass shoulder at 8:10. The Panthers closed to 2-1 on Fleischmanns goal. Fleischmann took a pass from Jesse Winchester below the left circle and beat Holtby on the stick side at 15:27 of the first for his first goal in 23 games. NOTES: Capitals C Marcus Johansson sat out the game due to fatigue after a 20-hour plane trip from Sweden via London to return to the U.S. ... D Mike Green and C Mikhail Grabovski, who missed five and eight games respectively due to injury before the Olympic break, were back in the lineup for Thursdays game. ... Panthers C Scott Gomez and D Dylan Olsen were healthy scratches. [url=http://www.usnewjerseysoutlet.com/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.classyjersey.com/]Wholesale Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.overalljersey.com/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.cheapnfljerseyschinastore.com/]Jerseys From China[/url] [url=http://www.cheapjerseysstore.net/]Wholesale NFL Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyschina.net/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url] [url=http://www.wholesalejerseysstore.net/]Cheap Jerseys[/url] ' ' '